It’s Monday, What Are You Reading?

Right now I’m reading so many books! I have books in every room and I’ll pick one up, read it for awhile, then put it down and read another. Here is my current list:

Dewey: The Small-Town Library Cat Who Touched the World by Vicki Myron and Bret Witter. Because I love cats and libraries.

Marley & Me: Life and Love with the World’s Worst Dog by John Grogan. I love dogs, too.

An Innocent, A Broad by Ann Leary. An American gives birth to her son in England.

A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith. A classic coming-of-age novel.

Don’t Let’s Go to the Dogs Tonight: An African Childhood by Alexandra Fuller. Growing up in a dysfunctional family (is there any other kind?)

It’s Monday, What Are You Reading? is hosted by Book Journey.

0 comments on “It’s Monday, What Are You Reading?

1. Lily says:

OK, any blog with Jane Austen's garden as the header, I must follow! What a lovely blog, and all of your books look like ones I would really enjoy, or ones that are already on my wish-list! So glad to have found you through the Monday meme! 🙂
    ~Lily

2. @Lily — Thanks so much for your nice comments about my blog! I just read your blog and it was great!

3. heather says:

I enjoyed Dewey.

4. @heather — I know that I'll enjoy Dewey, too.

5. Mari says:

I'm a new follower and am pleased to say I have read a few of the books on your TBR list! 🙂

I loved the book for Marley and Me, didn't like the movie though.

Have a great week!

6. @Mari — I haven't seen the movie, but the book is a delight!

7. I do that – the pick up start a book start another one….. GAH! 😀

8. @Sheila — My To Be Read list just gets bigger and bigger!

9. Kristy says:

I'm a one book at a time girl. Wish there was more time in a day!

10. @Kristy — I sometimes stick to one book at a time, but since I keep books in all rooms in my place, even the bathroom, I find myself "multi-booking."

11. Anne E. says:

I'm reading "Sheltering Sky" by Paul Bowles. It's really awesome, now that I'm getting it to it. Rough start thou

Just finished "lamb" by Christopher Moore

12. @Anne E. — I've always been a bit intimidated by Paul Bowles books (and Jane's also).

I haven't read Moore's either. I must do some serious reading!

13. Hi, I'm a new follower & book blogger. Did you finish Marley & Me? It made me laugh out loud and I rarely cry at the end of a book, but with this one, I went through a few Kleenexes!

14. @Teacher/Learner — Yes, I finished Marley and me and I will have a review soon! I was crying, too, at the inevitable ending.

15. Oh, Marley and Me was SUCH a wonderful book! When I come across a book that's meant to be shared, I will read it aloud to my husband – there were times I had trouble reading to him because I was laughing so hard!

I agree with Mari's comment about the movie though – I was SO disappointed by the adaptation – it totally failed to capture the spirit and charm that made the book such a runaway hit!

I look forward to reading your commentary!

Ramona

16. Jennifer says:

I still have not read the story about Dewey, I really need to. Have a wonderful week reading. My Monday is here: http://www.rundpinne.com/2010/08/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-7.html