Friday Finds is a weekly blog meme hosted by Jenn at A Daily Rhythm.
I recently scored great books at area book sales.
From top to bottom of the stack:
- An Episode of Sparrows by Rumer Godden
- Dear Life by Alice Munro
- Collected Stories of John O’Hara
- Literary Brooklyn: The Writers of Brooklyn and the Story of American City Life by Evan Hughes
- Cry, the Beloved Country by Alan Paton
- A Separate Peace by John Knowles
- The Heart is a Lonely Hunter by Carson McCullers
- A Movable Feast by Ernest Hemingway
- The Jungle by Upton Sinclair
- Shore Chronicles: Diaries and Travelers’ Tales from the Jersey Shore 1764-1955 edited by Margaret Thomas Buchholz
- The Story of Cinema by David Shipman
- The Illustrated Brontes of Haworth by Brian Wilks
- The Oxford Illustrated Literary Guide to Great Britain and Ireland edited by Dorothy Eagle and Hilary Carnell
Some of these books I have read before (McCullers, Knowles, Sinclair) but not for a long time. The Oxford Guide I have wanted for awhile, and the Illustrated Brontes is interesting because I own the DVD of the British series of the same name, and the Brontes are a fascinating family.